Welcome

I have moved. Please visit me HERE!

Monday, January 23, 2012

If you only want to be an actor because you want to be famous, try YouTube.


“I just, like, really want to be famous and stuff.” 
- Every wannabe actor ever.

Okay I might have dramatized that a bit, but I really do hear versions of this. A LOT. When I meet people and they first learn what I do for a living (especially when they don’t live in L.A. and have never acted in their life), they simply must tell me that I should cast them in something because they just have to be famous! Honestly, as they talk about their dreams of fame and fortune, I just really want to punch them in the face. Acting is not as easy as they think it is. And there are REAL actors out there who take it seriously!

Recently, I had a conversation with a guy who knew about entertainment and still said, emphatically, I might add (though in all fairness that might have been the alcohol talking), that he could do what any of these A-list actors could do any day of the week. And better than them as well. It took everything in me not to haul off and thrust an elbow into his sternum, but, alas, I resisted.

I don’t like to talk about it, but before I got into casting, I attended an acting conservatory. All I learned from it was that A) I absolutely did not have thick enough skin to be an actor (I was really more of a musical theater dancer/actor anyway). And B) most people move to LA to be actors because they just want to be famous.

If you really just want to be famous, try going on The Bachelor or film yourself doing something stupid and post it on YouTube. Seriously. Leave the acting to the experts. And by experts I mean Taylor Swift. * le sigh* (what can I say? I just can’t get over it!)

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha...love that you got another Taylor Swift crack in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What can I say? I just couldn't help myself, Arianna!

    ReplyDelete