Welcome

I have moved. Please visit me HERE!

Monday, August 8, 2011

478 reasons you didn't get the role. (And most of them aren't even about your talent!)

She’s too pretty. He’s too tall. He has weird hands. She reminds me of my sister-in-law. She has the same nose as my ex. She’s too thin (Seriously! I know, right?!). I prefer men with blue eyes. I prefer blondes. My ex was a blonde; therefore all blonde women are bitches. I don’t like guys with curly hair. I don’t like guys with straight hair. I don’t like her voice. And on. And on. And on. 

LESSON: Some things are simply beyond your control.

2 comments:

  1. I SO agree! Here's a little video I shot about this very subject:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1L00qWCq1g

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that Marci is the other person who has commented here. :) Wrote a blog post on the subject myself (http://playbillsvspayingbills.com/2009/11/15/getting-to-yes/). There are so many reasons people say no, it thus becomes imperative to focus on why people will say yes. =)

    ReplyDelete