Welcome

I have moved. Please visit me HERE!

Monday, July 18, 2011

Shut your mouth.

I was working on a comedy series recently and a fairly famous actress (no I won’t tell you who it was so don’t bother asking) came in to audition for one of the guest leads. In real life this actress is very much a tomboy, but the role she’s known for on a very popular series doesn’t necessarily show that she's a tomboy, just that she’s a good dramatic actress. However, she assumed that everyone in the room knew that she’s a tomboy and proceeded to tell us that she was shocked that we brought her in for the role of the hot, funny girl. She even went so far as to say, “I never get called in for the pretty girl. I’m such a guy. I practically have a penis.” Needless to say, the producers did not remember her audition – which was quite good and surprisingly funny – they could only imagine that she might actually have a penis. Because why else would she have said that? They just couldn’t get past it. Will I bring her in for auditions in the future? Yes, but you can bet that I will tell her agent to make sure she knows not to talk about her penis ever again. I kid. I can assure you she does not actually have a penis.

LESSON: Shut. Up. Before you talk yourself out of the job!

No comments:

Post a Comment