Welcome

I have moved. Please visit me HERE!

Friday, July 8, 2011

This is new/scary/fun! (did I say scary?)

This little blog thing something I have been mulling around for a very long while. Today I got the push I needed to go ahead and give it a whirl.

I have been working in casting for film and television for a little over twelve years. I've had the privilege to work with some seriously amazing people along the way and some seriously not-so-amazing people (oh the stories I can tell). But the thing I love most about this job is that A) I get to meet lots of cool/fun/interesting/CRAZY/funny actors and help them realize their dreams. There's nothing better than seeing an actor on set after you've hired them and how excited and grateful they are. Especially when they're just starting out. I love that. And B) it allows me the free time between jobs to write and dance until my heart's content.

I will share anecdotes of my experiences and advice. Lots and lots of advice. Please ask questions! There are no stupid questions. The stupid thing is NOT to ask!

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging. I saw you at Taherah's place - Grab a Pen. Lokking forward to your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle, I saw you on Grab a Pen and recognized your name. I looked you up on my Google Calendar and I see I took a casting workshop with you back through One on One in August 2008.
    I look forward to your posts. What are you writing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan! I'm so glad you found me here. Tell all your actor friends! I love all the fabulous questions I get in CD workshops and hope to be able to answer many more here.

    I had no idea you were a writer. I've been tooling around with a YA ms for a while. In the painful query process at the moment. We shall see.

    ReplyDelete