Welcome

I have moved. Please visit me HERE!

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

You Stink!

This goes along with my story from Monday. When we get roles that call for pretty girls, most of the time our waiting room ends up smelling like a cheep hooker. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT wear any perfume to an audition! You may think you smell nice but when all the vanilla and flowers get together in the waiting room they breed. The result is a cloud of stench that could be used as a torture tactic by Jack Bauer himself. And when the stench cloud makes its way into our offices or audition rooms, we become cranky casting monsters. You don't want to audition for cranky casting monsters, do you? And we just might turn our wrath on you even if you're only an innocent bystander wearing scent de la waiting room.

This is for you own good, people.

I worked for a casting director back in my assistant days who was very allergic to perfume. She would sneeze and her eyes would water and she would get mad at me for not telling the agents that actors are not to wear perfume around her (which I did, of course - they just didn't think it applied to them) and then she would make me send the actors away without auditioning. True story.

And don't try the "it's lotion" cop-out on us. We know.

No comments:

Post a Comment