Welcome

I have moved. Please visit me HERE!

Monday, July 25, 2011

Village People Headshots

Looking through over a thousand submissions on a project the other day, I was reminded how much I can't stand it when actors wear costumes in their headshots. It drives me crazy! I hate it! It's one of those personal things for me. I call them "Village People Headshots". They're gimmicky and cheesy and they make me NOT want to call you in. They make me feel like you think I can't imagine what you might look like in a cop uniform, or a lab coat, or as a cowboy, or holding a gun. Guess what? Part of my job is to have an imagination. Plus headshots are expensive! Save your money. And don't even get me started on how many guys have shirtless headshots when we're casting a thug or a security guard, although I did enjoy the headshot I received of a shirtless man posing with a machine gun. But not in the way he intended. 

LESSON: Save the costumes for Halloween.

1 comment:

  1. ha! i met with a potential agent once who said he felt those kind of headshots were the best tool an actor could have. needless to say, i turned down his offer.
    loving this blog~found you through marci liroff's recommend. thanks for the insight. looking forward to more!

    ReplyDelete